Eimear Kearney joined an illustrious group of Irish marketers when she picked up the CIM Ireland Marketing Excellence Award for Marketing with Impact and was highly commended in the Marketer of the Year Category on Thursday, 6th November 2014.
The hottest marketing campaigns from every business sector were recognised at the 15th annual awards ceremony at Belfast City Hall.
“These awards recognise the impact that marketing has on the economy in Northern Ireland and the hard work and dedication of people working in this profession. We’ve recognised 15 individuals and companies and commended many more for delivering marketing campaigns which played a major part in the success of our recovering economy,” said Christine Watson, Chair of CIM’s Ireland Board.
The team’s award-winning River to Lough Festival campaign impressed the judges because of it presented an outstanding project on an incredibly tight budget. They stated that “This project delivered excellent results and a clear delivery of the objectives set.”
The campaign was to market a one day event in September to raise brand awareness of Lough Neagh Eels and determine if there is a market in Northern Ireland for them.
The award was given to Marketing Officer Eimear Kearney and Neil Dalzell by award sponsor Sarah Jane Carruthers, Project Manager of 3Sixty Create.
The winners in all categories were:
- Marketing with Impact – Professional Services Sponsored by AMADEUS and Selective Travel: University of Ulster
- Marketing with Impact – FMCG, Food, Retail sponsored by Posh Nosh Catering Company: Smarts Communicate (Bushmills)
- Marketing with Impact – Hotels, Leisure, Bars, Restaurants, Travel, Tourism and Venues sponsored by Emirates: McComb’s Coach Travel – Game of Thrones Tours
- Marketing with Impact – Construction, Engineering, Automotive, Transport, Manufacturing sponsored by Corporate AV Hire: Marcon
- Marketing with Impact – Charity, Community and Voluntary Sector sponsored by 3Sixty Create: Lough Neagh Partnership (River to Lough Festival)
- Marketing with Impact – Public Sector sponsored by CIM: Derry City Council (Legenderry Food Festival)
- Marketing Exporter of the Year sponsored by Invest NI: CDE Global Ltd
- Best Marketing Campaign for an Event sponsored by Inform Communications: Smarts Communicate (Bushmills Campaign)
- Marketing with Impact – Best Use of Digital sponsored by Leaf: NITB
- Marketing Gamechanger sponsored by McGowan’s Belfast: Geoff Wilson Consultancy (Eye for Education and the Irish FA Enterprise Project)
- Marketing Team of the Year sponsored by The Irish News: Total Mobile
- Marketing Agency of the Year sponsored by PML Group Northern Ireland: Ardmore Advertising
- Marketing Freelancer of the Year sponsored by NIMMS: Stephen Rust – Freshways Food Co
- Marketer of the Year sponsored by Selective Travel: Elaine Donaghy
- Chair’s Award: NITB, Irwin’s Bakery, Phoenix Natural Gas, Limeforge Ltd – trading as See Sense
Richard Houdmont, CIM’s Network Manager for Ireland commented: “For more than 100 years, CIM has been supporting, representing and developing marketers, teams, leaders and the profession as a whole. Our networks have an unrivalled breadth, depth and diversity making this not just the largest community of marketers, but one with impact. We’re independent, trusted and connected, with access to unmatched ideas, insights and resources to help marketers navigate from problem diagnosis to practical solutions. Our vision is for marketing to be recognised for playing a pivotal role in business, constantly harnessing, integrating and acting on collective intelligence – and our role is to be the catalyst of that. Find out more and join the conversation at www.cim.co.uk.”
For more information go to www.cimirelandawards.net and keep in touch by following @CIMInfo_Ireland.